- Job Postings
- Press Kit
SALGBA is dedicated to providing professional educational and networking opportunities to the public sector benefits industry, including public sector benefits professionals and those who provide services. To accomplish this, it requires input and support from SALGBA members. One way to make sure your membership is most beneficial is to participate on a committee so you can provide direct input and feedback. Volunteers are what makes SALGBA and keeps SALGBA going!!
Below is a list and description for each SALGBA committee and a brief online submission form for volunteers to complete. Please review the committees and once you decide the committee on which you are interested in serving, complete the form. Your information will be sent to the appropriate committee chair who will follow up with you.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Tina Bowling, Executive Director at 888.623.8676 or email her Tina.Bowling@salgba.org.
Awards Guide & Nomination Forms
- Lifetime Achievement Award Nomination Form
This award will be presented to a SALGBA jurisdictional member for exemplary contributions to the Association over a period of time not less than ten years. The member must have attended a minimum of five SALGBA national conferences and must be making substantial progress towards a CGBA designation. This award will be presented to no more than one recipient per year.
- Benefits Manager of the Year Form (Annual)
This award will be presented to the member who has contributed the most time, effort, knowledge, and promotional activities to the Association in the past calendar year. The member must have been a SALGBA member for a minimum of 3 years and attended at least 3 national conferences to be nominated.
- Associate Member of the Year Nomination Form
This award will be presented to the member who has contributed the most time, effort, knowledge, and promotional activities to the Association in the past calendar year. The member must have been a SALGBA member for a minimum of 3 years and attended at least 3 national conferences to be nominated. This member should be a full-time employee of the Associate Member Employer and have direct job responsibilities working with public sector benefits.
- Exemplary Efforts Award Nomination Form
This award will be presented to a jurisdictional ENTITY in recognition of its implementation of a benefits program that has substantially reduced costs, increased member awareness, improved member education, or enhanced member wellness, etc. during the last calendar year. The entity must have been a SALGBA member for a minimum of 3 years and had a representative attend at least 2 national conferences to be nominated.
- Nomination Process
Any jurisdictional or associate member in good standing may nominate any individual member or member entity (including nominating themselves) by completing the appropriate nomination application form with supporting documentation. All nomination paperwork must be received by the SALGBA national office by the February 1st deadline each year.
- Selection Process
The SALGBA Nominating Committee will review all nominations and select the winners in each award category. The Nominating Committee will verify with the SALGBA national office that all award winners are Association members in good standing prior to the announcement of any recognition.
- Past Award Recipients
Library of sample of RFP's that were contributed by SALGBA Members located in the Members Section at members.salgba.org
SALGBA Educational Webinars
- Patient Protection Affordable Care Act/Pay for Full Time Equivalent Employee Population and Group Size Census Calculation" Webinar Presentation
SALGBA Leadership Webinars
- Novo Nordisk WORKS helps employers understand the value of chronic weight management in the workplace and provides resources around improving, maintaining and monitoring member health and wellness as well as state obesity facts.
- Truth About Weight
- Rethink Obesity
- Corporate "commitment to obesity" backgrounder, which summarizes the broad Novo Nordisk efforts in obesity and our long-term vision and commitment to this space as well as a list of partner organizations.
- Obesity disease infographic (print and online version), which provides an overview of obesity, its impact, and the collaborative action needed to help solve this pressing issue.
- Choosing Wisely centers around conversations between providers and patients informed by the evidence-based recommendations of "Things Providers and Patients Should Question."
- The Segal Company Public Sector Resource
- The Children's Health Insurance Program: A 50-state examination of CHIP's spending and enrollment Report
- More Employee Engagement is Aim of Virginia's New Health Initiative
- Consumer Driven Health Plans (White Paper)
- Social Security Newsletter
- NASPE releases "Challenges and Current Practices in State Employee Healthcare".
- Colorado Business Group on Health research information