The committee developed, and the Board approved, a set of Guidelines and Procedures to be used in administering the SALGBA Certified Government Benefits Administrator (CGBA) Program and Leadership Certificate recognition. The CGBA program serves as a benchmark in the pursuit of excellences in public sector benefits management, professional development, and continuing education.
We encourage the full support of each SALGBA member who works toward obtaining the CGBA designation that carries with it the national recognition of being a professional administrator in public sector employee benefits.
- CGBA Applications are accepted December 1st to January 31st (example for calendar year 2015 credit applications will be accepted December 1, 2015 thru January 31, 2016) and can be found by logging in as a member at this link, http://members.salgba.org, then select CGBA Program from the menu at the top of the page and then select the appropriate credit application.
- If you have any questions please contact Tina Bowling at Tina.Bowling@salgba.org.
- SALGBA is proud to offer a SALGBA Leadership Certificate to those individuals employed by a SALGBA Member Organization in good standing for completion of at least 4 of the 6 hours offered in the Leadership Series during a calendar year. SALGBA collaborates with Greg Brannan from Deer Oaks EAP Services to conduct a 2-hour workshop during the SALGBA National Conferences along with 4 webinars during the course of the year, focused on leadership skills.
- Individuals who meet the qualifications may complete the Leadership Certificate Application to be reviewed in consideration of awarding a SALGBA Leadership Certificate.
- Leadership skills are a vital part of professional development and we are pleased to be able to recognize participants drive to excel.